HP Business Service Manager (BSM) 9 is now available
HP has released BSM 9.0, a new management solution to help users manage hybrid delivery models, spanning on-premise, off-premise, physical and virtual environments, enabling faster time to market and increased agility from application investments. HP 9.0 features advances in the company's industry-leading automation and management platforms, test data management and software services.
HP BSM 9.0 provides:
* The industry's first run-time service model, which updates the complete run-time environment of the application service, whether the application is running in an on-premise, off-premise, physical or virtual environment.
* New collaboration capabilities utilizing Web 2.0 mash-ups to deliver actionable data to the right team with the right context across a variety of interfaces, including mobile devices.
* Automation of the entire event resolution process to dramatically reduce troubleshooting costs, lower mean time to repair and drive productivity gains.
The HP BSM 9.0 portfolio includes HP Business Availability Center 9.0 (BAC), HP Operations Manager i 9.0 (OMi) and HP Network Management Center (NMC) 9.0.
Read Full Article
Improving the Health of Your IT Organization
At the beginning of each new year, many people make resolutions to improve their health. It can be overwhelming, however, trying to figure how and where to start. Should you strive to lose weight, handle stress better, or lower your cholesterol? To ensure long-term success, you first need to establish appropriate health goals for your particular situation and identify the correct means to measure your progress toward those goals. In other words, you need to identify the appropriate metrics to measure your success. Your metrics could pertain to the amount of weight you want to lose, a desired blood pressure rate, or a target cholesterol level.
Similarly, if you want to improve the health of your IT organization, you need to identify the appropriate metrics to measure the progress and success of your improvement efforts. Having the right metrics to measure your progress will enable you to ensure that your efforts are on track and yielding the desired outcomes.
Read Full Article
Announcing HP Network Automation 9.0
HP Network Automation 9.0 (NA) is the latest release of HP award-winning network change, configuration and compliance management software. NA allows customers to create and maintain a resilient, cost-effective and compliant network via automation. This release includes a number of platform support enhancements, tighter integration with other HP software products, and new usability and security features.
NA 9.0 will now support:
- Linux RH 5 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit platforms
- Oracle 11g and MS-SQL Server 2008
HP SiteScope Ops Update: New Version 11
Building on an already comprehensive product feature set, HP SiteScope version 11 is a key solution, particularly in the midsize enterprise. Here's what's new:
- New monitors
- MS Hyper-V
- MS Exchange 2010, Outlook 2007, IIS Server 7.0, Windows resource monitor ( Vista, Windows 7, Window server 8)
- Increases IT efficiency through powerful agentless monitoring
- Simplifies management through flexibility and extensibility
- Reduces IT costs with low TCO
HP SiteScope 11 Evaluation
To maintain infrastructure availability and performance you must have real-time data on your infrastructure components. HP SiteScope delivers agent-less monitoring that complements existing agent-based solutions to help you maintain the availability and performance of your distributed IT infrastructure. This proactive, Web-based software provides a centralized view of your entire infrastructure without installing agents or software on production systems. You can gain the real-time information you need to verify operations, stay apprised of problems and quickly address bottlenecks.
HP Business Service Management 9.00 Evaluation
HP Business Service Management (BSM) is a complete business service management solution that integrates network, server, application and business transaction monitoring. It connects business services to underlying infrastructure and applications, allowing you to prioritize service outages with the most impact. This results in better quality of services at a lower cost to your business. HP BSM integrates easily with other HP IT management solutions, including Operations Center, Network Management Center and Application Performance Management.